How can I obtain my school records from the Archives?


School records are subject to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act restrictions, thus requests must be accompanied by the Request for School Record Information form, which is available in English and Spanish, and a photo ID. If this form is submitted via mail, a notarized copy of a valid picture ID is acceptable. If requesting records for a minor, parental guardians must complete the form and provide a physical picture ID in person or a notarized copy via mail. This form will not be accepted if submitted via fax or email. 

When requesting documents, please keep in mind that the archives only maintains school records from a select number of charter schools. A listing of these schools can be found at the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools website. There are a limited number of public school records available from St. David's School (1925-1983), Coolidge (1935-1944), and Nogales Unified School District (1920-1980). All other public school records are maintained by the school district or by the Department of Education.

  • Last Updated Oct 08, 2020
  • Views 306
  • Answered By Kaitlin D'Amico

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 14 1

Contact Us

If you can't find what you're looking for in the FAQ's, please fill out this form and we'll get back to you within two business days.