Where can I get legal help?


Legal information online


Alternative Dispute Resolution

Mediators are experienced facilitators who help people discuss and resolve their dispute.  Arbitrators make a binding decision that resolves a dispute that was submitted to them by the parties.

Free and reduced fees for legal services

  • Arizona Community Legal Services provides legal advice for people whose income is below a certain level http://clsaz.org/locations.html
  • Southern Arizona Legal Aid provides legal advice for people whose income is below a certain level https://www.sazlegalaid.org/contact  
  • DNA People’s Legal Services provides free civil legal services to low-income people  https://dnalegalservices.org/home/       928-871-4151
  • Volunteer Lawyer Program in Tucson, 520-623-9465, offers free & reduced fee legal help and self-help clinics. The Volunteer Lawyer Program in Phoenix is coordinated by Community Legal Services.
  • In the Phoenix area reduced rates may be available through the ASU Law Group http://asulawgroup.org/    602-251-3620.
  • Other resources may be available through the local or county bar association where you live:

Other bar associations listed by the State Bar of Arizona



Legal triage, short consultations, & reduced fees             

  • Maricopa and Pima counties have lawyer referral services providing a 30-minute consultation with a lawyer.
  • A fee covers administrative expenses; the lawyer donates his/her time.
    • Maricopa County Lawyer Referral Service - 602-257-4434 Fee - $40
    • Pima County Lawyer Referral Service – 520-623-4625 Fee - $35
  • The Arizona Legal Center provides legal services to underserved groups. It also provides legal “triage” by assessing your case for possible claims, defenses, & remedies, then providing referrals and resources.https://arizonalegalcenter.org/   480-727-0127
  • Modest Means Project offers a 1-hour meeting for $75 https://www.azflse.org/modestmeans/; azlawhelp.org                   866-637-5341   Email: info@azflse.org
  • Some lawyers offer “unbundled” services or “limited scope representation,” where the client and lawyer have an agreement that the lawyer will perform specific services instead of providing full representation. The client handles the case.


A roster of attorneys in the metropolitan Phoenix area is here: https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/SuperiorCourt/FamilyCourt/Rosters/Attorney/lawMap.aspx 

You can also talk to a lawyer about it or do an online search for unbundled legal services.

  • Certified Legal Document Preparers are not attorneys and cannot give legal advice, but they can provide general legal information. They are certified by the Arizona Supreme Court to prepare legal documents on your behalf.  https://www.azcourts.gov/cld/Legal-Document-Preparer-Program.  You can find them using an online search.

Programs for specialized issues




Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center: http://www.azb.uscourts.gov/filing-without-attorney

Criminal law 

Arizona Justice Project seeks justice for the innocent and wrongfully imprisoned: Azjusticeproject.org


https://www.azdisabilitylaw.org/; www.ada.gov

602-274-6779 or 800-927-2260 (Phoenix)

520-327-9547 or 800-922-1447 (Tucson)

Email: center@azdisabilitylaw.org

Sexual & Domestic Violence


Get help now



TTY: 602-279-7270



Court information

  • Check the website of your local county court for information, forms, and procedures. There are links below.
  • Justice Courts handle civil lawsuits where the amount in dispute is $10,000 or less and small claims cases where the amount in dispute is $3500 or less. Many people handle their cases themselves. https://www.azcourts.gov/AZ-Courts/Justice-Courts.
  • Superior Courts are courts of general jurisdiction. They conduct trials and handle legal issues involving property valued at $1000 or more, criminal cases, probate (wills, estates), dissolutions (divorces), and other matters.

Justice Court and Superior Court information for each county

Apache County

Cochise County:

Coconino County:           

Gila County

Graham County                   

Greenlee County          

La Paz County          

Maricopa County       

Mohave County           

Navajo County

Pima County                    

Pinal County

Santa Cruz County

Yavapai County           

Yuma County

  • Last Updated Aug 19, 2019
  • Views 795
  • Answered By Peter Grant

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 22 23

Contact Us

If you can't find what you're looking for in the FAQ's, please fill out this form and we'll get back to you within two business days.